Pages

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Home of the Brave

Hello all Lanette here and I have some Red, White and Blue to share with you too :) 

Recently I have been spending more time at my grandfathers house cleaning and such and let me tell you I have found some treasures! For example I found this picture of my grandfathers Platoon in September of 1944. So i just couldn't resist creating a layout all about him and his service during WWII. 

I started with some luscious Art Anthology Gesso and a brick stencil and this months sketch challenge over at Once Upon a Sketch. Along with this months Mood Board Challenge over S.W.A.T Scrap Warriors I was fully inspired and ready to go!


from there I started to build my tattered flag with some beautiful dimensional crystal.


I coated my little chipboard stars with some gesso while I was waiting for my flag to dry, just one coat an they were ready to rock some Honolulu Blue Sorbet.


With all my pieces ready my layout quickly fell together.


Products UsedArt Anthology -Gesso, Dimensional Crystal, Sorbet, Velvet & Colorations Mist. Bo Bunny- Anthem Collection Pattern Paper, American Crafts- Thickers, Umwow -Chipboard and a bit of cheesecloth. 

Now lets take a look at some details just for fun!




Thanks for stopping by the blog today, 
I hope you found some inspiration for your next 
Red, White & Blue project. 

But if you still need more inspiration, please stop by S.W.A.T to check out this months drills! After all there is a $25 Gift Card up for grabs this month!

post signature

6 comments:

  1. I love this creative layout Lanette!! The whole feeling is just right here! Thanks for joining in at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove the way you have used that brick mask here....the colours are simply LUSCIOUS!!! Thanks so much for joining us at OUAS this month - And if you haven’t already done so, you can link this to our Once Upon A…Sketch Facebook Page for a chance at our special FB prize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a clever layout what a bril way to create a flag. I love it and it is perfect for that photo too. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wowwwwwwwwww! This is gorgeous! I loveeeeeeeee how you did that flag!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. WOW WOW WOW!!! What a way to create a flag, absolutely brilliant! And I love your choice of the red and blue, they are not very common colours to scrap with unless it's a patriotic theme but you did it beautifully here. Thanks for playing along with us at Once Upon a Sketch!

    ReplyDelete