Pages

Friday, January 23, 2015

Starry Inspiration with Art Anthology

Hello All! Today I'm up over at Art Anthology sharing my Starry Inspiration Canvas

This month the  Dream Team's challenge was "Art Appreciation" . For my project I choose Vincent Van Gogh's Starry Night for my inspiration....

I started by pulling out any and all my blues.....



For my first layer of color was a heavy mix of Corlorations. After my mist dried I lathered on a mix of  several Blue Velvets....


Before my Velvets dried a used my catalyst  tool to add a ton of texture and movement to my canvas. I even mixed in a bit of Dimensional Crystal!

After my layer of blues dried I smoothed on a bit MUD (our new smooth paste) to form the base of my circles, which I quickly covered with a bit of Vegas Gold.


Before my layer of Vegas Gold could dry a pushed my 
Hurricane Stencil into the paint and added a bit more paint.


Which brought me to this stage......


For my finishing touches I added a quick platter of Raider and a Van Gogh quote.



A closer look just for fun....




While I know I am no Van Gogh.... 

I hope I have inspired you to play with your paints today!

Thanks so much for stopping by today!


post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment