Pages

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Home Made Embellishments

When I opened my kit from Scrappy Chic I was really happy to find lots of bright cheerful colors but as much as I love bright colors sometimes a little goes along way. With that in mind I found this great sketch from Sketchy Thursdays.
First it was time to have some real fun making the background. I stamped with acrylic paint, stamped with distressed ink and finished it off with a bit of Mister Huey’s Mist.
While the background dried, I went to work making my embellishments. I picked two patterns for my rosettes. Then I used some scraps to customize some clear buttons. I just love buttons they add so much to a layout and there are so many ways to use them. Hop on over to Practical Scrappers where we have 10 more ways to use buttons, well nine anyhow J.


































Products used: American Crafts Shoreline Collection, Bazzill, Clear Buttons, Smash Tape, Acrylic Paint, Distress Ink and Mister Huey’s Mist.



2 comments:

  1. Cute layout! I need to pick up my kit and get to work too. Can't wait to see whatelse u create!

    ReplyDelete